Love Honors



This is such an important subject, it is one that I am very passionate about: We need to change Hollywood's concept of men as "Lovable idiots!"

Hollywood keeps sending messages to men, women and to our children that it's OK to demasculate men. They’re deliberately trying to degrade men in a cheap attempt to make us laugh. Well, I say "NO MORE!"

First of all, the idea of "lovable idiots" is an oxymoron...Meaning- it is impossible to love someone and think of them as an idiot.

Because love believes the best in someone, because love chooses to.

If we choose to focus on our spouse's weaknesses and failures, their bad habits, hurtful words, poor decisions- We end up only hurting ourselves. You just end up getting depressed, hateful, angry, cold hearted and eventually, hardened of heart.

INSTEAD - Love focuses on the positive and not the negative.

Staying in that state of "depreciation" will only do that, depreciate our men, and you, yourself! If you stay there, it's only a matter of time before you start expressing things like, "My husband is such a jerk!" Or "I can't stand him," or maybe "I think I married the wrong person." Reflecting Hollywood's image of men.

I know, because that was me.

Growing up, society had me believing it was ok to be mean to your husband. "You're Latin, its just a part of it." You know the whole "Fiery Cuban" or "Dont mess with Latinas!" thing? We've all seen it. There are millions of hilarious vines and videos out there of this nature.

I believed the lies, and I was demasculating my husband on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to… I thought I was a loving wife, but I also thought it was "normal."

Now men, this goes for you as well...You too, can degrade your wife by staying in a state of "depreciation." This depreciation "room" in your mind is where divorces are planned, where violent fights are rehearsed, even murders are contemplated. (Sounds a bit exaggerated, however the first suspect when a wife is murdered- is the husband, and vice-versa.)

It's true. Society has us all believing marriage is a constant HELL.

Sending messages that men need to stay single as long as possible. Marriage is living with a "ball and chain" on your ankle. Marriage equals misery.. And “happiness” is being single.

And it is, if you believe the lies.

So, how do we change? Appreciation! Start by focusing on what traits or characteristics you love about your spouse? What was it about them that made you fall madly in love with them in the first place? Meditate on THESE things. The more time you spend meditating on these things, the more your appreciation for your spouse begins to increase.

It's time to think differently. It's time to let love lead your thoughts and your focus. I say "No more Hollywood!"

It's time for us to appreciate our men. It's time to stop society and Hollywood from teaching our boys to never grow up. The "Peter Pan syndrome" shift in our culture needs to change.

And I believe it starts here. If we choose to honor men, to appreciate them rather than degrading and depreciating them..It is then, and only then, that our boys will WANT to become like men. Let's honor our men, because we love them and love chooses to believe the best in them, and love focuses on the positive. And in doing so, we will change our culture. Because love IS the answer, and love never fails.

I'm your Mrs. International, reminding you - To choose love,

Priscilla

Meet my husband and my two sons- The three most important men in my life!

Comments

Popular Posts