1+1=3


As I celebrate another anniversary with my husband, I look back and reflect on all the years we've spent together.

It's quite funny, I laugh as I recall some of the long, drawn out, knock down, fights we had in our early years. And about nothing! It's so silly really..

We were so easily angered, sooo immature, it was “Our way or the highway!”

I'm just so grateful for God in our marriage. I know for a fact, that He is the ONLY reason we are still married today.

There were so many times where I was ready to leave him, or vice versa. And the Holy Spirit would convict us. Thank you Lord, that I stayed! Because I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. He is my rock, my hero, my dream come true. And I can't imagine life without him.

But you see, had I listened to the lies: "He doesn't appreciate you!" Or "He doesn't deserve you!" I would never have experienced how great our marriage COULD be!

What I realized is 1+1=3.

If you want a marriage that is grounded, that can not be uprooted or separated. Then you need to have Jesus in the center of it, PERIOD! He is the glue that holds a marriage together.

A relationship with God is the only way you can have the patience to die to yourself and have the ability to put your husband or wife first! Because we don’t know what true love is, until we have the love of God inside of us.

In order to have that unconditional, patient, merciful, compassionate, and kind, kind of love that true love requires... You need Jesus!

My husband, Sean and I, both, entered our marriage with lots of baggage. Both of us married other people at a young age. We both married our high school sweethearts,both of us had our hearts broken by their unfaithfulness.

So I can assure you, it is a miracle we are still together.

We both had walls up, we had hurts and bruises...If it weren't for God being in the center of our marriage...Well, I wouldn't be writing this.

If you want to have a healthy marriage full of wisdom and success, first you need to surrender your life to the will of God. Then you need to die to yourself...AND lastly, be the change..Start putting your spouse's needs, before your own.

And that's when it all changes, when your marriage can begin grow and blossom!

I want to see marriages grow stronger together, and families thrive as a unit.

That would be a dream come true for me. I pray that everyone who read this will be blessed by it, and that they would feel the need to make the Lord the center of their marriage.

I'm your Mrs International, reminding you-
TO CHOOSE LOVE,

Priscilla

Comments

Popular Posts