It's The Little Things That Matter



While in Dallas I was able to meet a special little boy’s family who opened my eyes to the things that really matter. 


Nathaniel's family saw Priscilla and I while we were in the entryway of Cooks Children's Hospital. His siblings wanted to take pictures so we gladly agreed. After fun pictures I began talking to his parents. They shared a little bit about his story, since he was in Pediatric Cardiac ICU there was no way to visit him. I told his parents I would be praying for them and said goodbye. 


Right after that, Priscilla and I went to the Build-A-Bear Workshop that is inside the hospital. We decided it would be a fun idea to make and donate an animal to one of the Little patients at the hospital. I decided to try to get my dragon to Nathaniel. I knew it would be a stretch as ICU has very strict rules about what and who goes in and out of the floor. I know this because all my experiences with my mom in hospitals.

I was so excited when I received word that Nathaniel got the dragon! His mom and I are now friends on Facebook so I keep up with his journey. This is what his mother shared with me:


I am excited that I was able to put a smile on his face. This is just one small story that shows that the little acts of kindness really do matter!



"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden 

Garin Harris
Miss Teen International

Comments

Popular Posts