How To Dress For Fundraising Walks

In October, I was able to serve and participate in two walks…. the Central Georgia Heart Walk and the NEDA Little Rock, AR Walk! These events allowed me to help raise awareness for two very worth causes. At the NEDA Walk… I was a featured speaker and at the Heart Walk… I ran the Go Red For Women booth! My role at each event was different. Today I want to share with you all how I make decisions about my attire for walks!

Remember that when someone meets Miss International for the first time… it’s exciting! Perhaps they’ve seen pageants on TV before, but now they get to actually meet and talk to a crowned representative! You want to present the professional and polished look they’ve always imagined no matter what event you’re at.

When it comes to walks, I try to think about what my responsibilities are and use that as a guidepost for my decision. Let’s break down both of these walks to give examples and strategies.

Volunteer at The Heart Walk for the American Heart Association:

This event was held out in a large field near a track. I was responsible for setting up stations, moving boxes, taking photos with participants, and hosting the booth. There was no time throughout the event that I as asked to speak or be in front of all the participants. We also received an email from the organizer to dress comfortably in athletic gear. With all that in mind, I decided to wear Nike shorts… the shirt from the walk… and tennis shoes! This allowed me to move around and really work the event.


Speaker at the NEDA Walk:

My heart for NEDA is so deep and this opportunity allowed me to speak in front of over 100 people about my story, True Beauty Movement, and how recovery is possible! The walk would be about a quarter mile in total once I finished my speech… and I knew that I’d spend most of my time before the walk kicked off signing autographs and meeting participants! For this event, I went with a pair of comfortable wedges, a Miss International shirt, and skinny jeans. It was comfortable, yet still looked professional when I stood before an audience!


It’s my genuine hope that these examples help you think through what to wear for the next walk you participate in!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts