Komen North Texas Race for the Cure

This past Saturday I participated in the Susan G. Komen North Texas Race for the Cure in memory of my Mom-Mom & in celebration of my Momma being a 17 year survivor!! It was my first year as a Team Captain. My goal was to have about 10 people join my team and together raise $1000. To my WONDERFUL surprise I had 16 wonderful ladies on my team, and together we raised $1160 for the cause!! What a wonderful turn out & generous giving - I know the money we raised will be put to good use, but what is more important to me is the number of people that came out! Just raising awareness about breast cancer is my ultimate goal.

Mom joining other survivors for a picture before we got started.

The titleholders on my Queens for the Cure team.



Mrs. Texas International, Angelique Hoover; Miss Oklahoma International, Natalie Wells; and myself



Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts