Princess Closet


On the job training for the next Mrs. International… The Princess Closet


Hello 2011 delegates! I am so excited to meet each and every one of you in just a few weeks! I can’t believe my farewell speech is complete; it seems like yesterday that I was preparing to become Mrs. International! Trust me; I know how you are feeling at this very moment. I cannot stress enough the importance of remaining true to who YOU are, what you represent, and the legacy that you want to leave. You are all beautiful, accomplished, intelligent women with amazing stories to share and I am thrilled that I have the honor of spending a week with you in Chicago!

Being Mrs. International is truly a job of service, with that being said, I want to encourage you to support The Princess Closet. You will have the chance to meet Maria, the founder of this amazing organization during Orientation. I know your suitcases will be overflowing, however, please leave some space to bring an item to donate to this amazing organization. We all have an item or three hanging in the closet (probably with a tag still attached) that we can part with for such an amazing cause. Just imagine the impact you can have on the life of a young girl who doesn’t have the means to “feel like a princess”! You have the power to change someone’s life and make them feel like a princess for a day!

The Princess Closet was founded in 2010 by Maria Davalos.

In 2010, over 300 young ladies found the dress of their dreams. In 2011, over 800 were dressed and with your help, we can continue to help Maria’s mission grow. Her vision also includes being able to provide resources that will encourage teens to become responsible, successful young women!

“Teens are at a critical time in their lives; a time where one person CAN make a difference. We believe that our YOUTH are our future and we need to support them.”

As I stated, being Mrs. International is a job of service! My request (consider this as “on the job training”) to each one of you is to bring at least one item to donate during Orientation. Find it in your hearts/closets to give to those who are less fortunate. It will make your heart smile while making a young girl’s dream come true. I’m counting on each one of you! Thank you in advance and I will see you in a few weeks!

Until next post remain blessed,

Shannon

Comments

Popular Posts