Last Minute Pageant Prep

I remember this time last year, I was working out every day and going over and over my list of what to pack. I’m sure a lot of you girls are the same way! I want to share just a few bits of advice for preparing as we get so close to pageant week! 

1.      Eat Healthy

a.       I know the fitness competition is a big part of the score, but getting in shape should never include starving yourself! Eating healthy is a good way to make sure you are in good physical and mental condition for the non-stop week in Chicago!

2.      Get Organized

a.       There is a lot that goes into being a State Queen and Miss International. It’s important to be able to stay organized throughout your reign, and it is especially important for being in Chicago. If you’ve looked at the schedule, you’ll see we are going, going, going all the time! It will create a lot less stress for you if you organize your outfits and time to meet with your family and friends while you’re there!

3.      Don’t Forget…

a.       If you are like me, you have made a list of what to bring with you on your trip. A few things that I was glad someone told me to bring with me last year are: shoe inserts (thanks to my wonderful director!) because my feet were worn out, a jacket for the hotel, and snacks for the hotel room!

I’m sure you are excited to get to Chicago and meet the other contestants, but make sure you are doing all you can to promote the pageant and spread the word about your platform! Can’t wait to see y’all in Chicago! Only a few more weeks!

Ashley Smith 

Comments

  1. good advice... a few i've learned from experience on the ''don't forget'' [1] take a sharpie to write name and state in shoes, swimsuits, etc... especially ones given at the pageant. [2] sewing needles, clear thread, black thread [3] tape -- clear packing tape (for torn hems) and duct tape to put on bottom of new shoes guarding against slipping.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts