Kicking Off American Heart Month!


This past Saturday, I had the privilege of volunteering at the Macy’s Go Red Fashion Show in Towson, MD.  I had a fantastic time advocating on behalf of the American Heart Association and learning new ways to improve my heart health.

On hand, were my fellow volunteers, Miss Delaware International and Miss Maryland International. Together, they make volunteering look glamorous!  As a Heart Disease survivor, Mrs. Maryland International had the honor of walking in the fashion show!


There were informational tables and presentations.  We had a great time encouraging mall patrons to take advantage of the free blood pressure screenings and literature.  

I even got in on the action!  Getting your blood pressure taken is quick, painless and it may save your life.

I had the pleasure of meeting Gail Mates, national spokeswoman and a Heart Disease Survivor! Check out her story on the Go Red Website.
Go Red!
Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts