Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Miss International 2011
Monday, February 27, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I encourage you to get your pet spay/neutered and help save the lives of many animals! We can make a difference!
Need assistance for a spay/neuter? Check out this site: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pet_overpopulation/tips/afford_spay_neuter.html
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
As women, we are nurturers by nature. We are always able to adapt to any situation and juggle a million things at once. When you get into that interview room, you need to let that all fade away. You now have a clear focus to share with the judges including objectives and an action plan. And, with your fabulous hair, make-up, shoes, jewelry and outfit, you will be a force to be reckoned with from that point forward in the competition
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
HEART is an acronym for Heart Disease Education Analysis Research and Treatment for Women Act. The purpose of the Heart for Women Act is to enhance the quality of, and access to care, for women with cardiovascular disease or who have suffered from a stroke. The Act is aimed at ensuring that doctors have the most up to date information on new medical treatments, which could be lifesaving in the event of an emergency. One of the major goals of the Act is to prevent heart disease and stroke in low income and uninsured communities. The importance of this Act cannot be overstated. I encourage each of you to reach out to your representatives and encourage them to support the HEART for Women Act.
Miss International 2011
Monday, February 20, 2012
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Practice walking in your evening gown. So many times I’ve watched contestants treat the evening gown competition like they are in fitness wear. Remember to slow your pace. Embrace the moment. Be elegant. Command attention. This is your time on-stage. Use every second, otherwise another contestant will take it from you.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
The same make-up you wear during the day is not appropriate for stage or photographs. I highly recommend Clay Spann Cosmetics. With the introduction of HD technology, you want to make sure you look your best. After all, it’s all the little things that count and you don’t want your competition to have an edge over you. Do you?
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff!- My mom taught me this one. There is no point in getting upset over small things (i.e. dry cleaning!) many of which are beyond your control. Your being upset doesn’t change the fact that it happened or is not going to happen. Save your stress for when it really matters- small setbacks happen everyday and if you get stressed out every time something happens, you’ll spend your life in a state of chronic stress! When I feel myself getting upset, I stop and ask, “Is it really that serious?” Usually the answer is no.
- Go outside and play!- When I get super stressed, I go outside for a walk. Fresh air and sunshine works miracles! Sometimes you need a moment to decompress and even a 5 minute walk helps me calm down. It steadies my breathing and releases the tension in my body. If I have more time on my hands, I go to a park (I love Rock Creek Park in DC) and I spend some time hanging with the deer. Just don’t get too close or you’ll have another stressful situation on your hands!
- Meditate- At least once a week I carve out an hour for spiritual meditation. It helps me clear my head and order my thoughts. In situations in which I feel my stress level rising, I stop what I’m doing and give myself a few moments of deep breathing and silence. In my opinion, the power of a taking a deep breath can’t be overstated.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Sunday, February 12, 2012
- Aggression toward other dogs, particularly for males.
- Territorialism, being overprotective of the dog's home ground.
- The desire to escape from the yard and seek other mates in the outside world.
- Marking territory.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Thank you to Ford Motor Company and the Ford Truck Division for having me as their guest and to my friends at NewScope Marketing, Brad and Penny Snyder for handling all my logistics.
After two trips up North, I am looking forward to some warmer climates. My next adventure takes me South for Speedweeks, leading into the 54th Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 26. The NASCAR Foundation display will be located outside of Turn 4 starting next Thursday, so if you are coming to the race please be sure to stop by and get your limited edition 2012 NASCAR Unites arm band.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Check out http://jurneesjourney.org/MissTeenInternational2011.aspx and donate to Go Red!
Thursday, February 9, 2012
After arriving at the hotel, we quickly checked in and then headed to Macy’s in Herald Square to walk through the event details. Along with my script, I had received a complete “Event Guide” which had headshots of everyone who was involved with the event. It even had images of the “Employee Entrance” for Macy’s security where we had to check-in. (Thank you, Monica!)