Minnesota Wonderland Ice Castles

Arial picture from 1986 Ice Castle

Minnesotans do more than talk about the weather. They learn to cope with extreme temperatures, watch for signs of storms and generally enjoy the outdoors, whether boating on a summer's day, skiing down a hill or snowmobiling along trails through the forests. No matter the weather, it's always a nice day. It wasn’t until I met all you wonderful southern ladies that I realized living in Minnesota in the winter is just not the average life style; Ice fishing, winter carnivals, ice sculpture carving, polar plunge, and of course ice castles! 



During the Saint Paul Winter Carnival a large and very popular place to check out every year is the Winter Carnival Ice Castle by the Mall of America.

It is absolutely gorgeous, magnificent and awe-ing. It is usually filled with families, children, and the very prestigious Winter Carnival Royalty always seems to be present making you feel like you’ve stepped into a magical fairytale.



I refused to let anyone take a picture of me because I was so bundled up the only thing showing were my eyes! My family and I enjoyed this beautiful Minnesota treasure with our warmest snow boots on followed by a large hot dinner to unthaw our frozen bodies. Minnesota is the unique but beautiful place I will always call home.

All my love and blessings,

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts