Sweet Home Dothan, Alabama!

There is something so very sweet and charming about Dothan, Alabama! I am not certain if it is the southern drawl when you hear "y'all" or "yes Ma’am," or possibly it is the gallon of sweet tea consumed during my time there, or being welcomed into an airport with basically one gate, or maybe it is the hospitality of Joey, Clay, and Ms. Terry once you walk into the fabulous space of The Competitve Image.

Of course, it goes without saying that Mary Richardson makes this all happen, and as one of the reigning International queens it is such an amazing experience to work with Thomas Dunn proprietor of Stand Out Salon and his partner Drew. As a team they assure Caroline, Krista, and I all have hair worthy of a Clay Spann photo shoot!

Following our second opportunity to work with the fantastic Clay Spann, I had a day just to experience Dothan prior to flying up to New York City. The morning gave me a chance to catch up on some work and then Mary, Thomas, Drew, Caroline and I shared a really yummy lunch at an adorable spot on Main Street in downtown Dothan.

The afternoon was spent catching up with Caroline's mother Denise, while she did hair and make-up for some lovely young ladies. And, in the evening Caroline and I joined The Competitive Image team at the Dothan Opera House for a wonderful event raising funds for a local school called Houston Academy. The talent displayed throughout the program was really a treat to watch, and I want to thank Joey and Clay again for allowing me to join them.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me feel so at home in the sweet city of Dothan!

With the beautiful Mary Richardson. 

Watching Denise Whitfield work some make-up magic! 

At the Dothan Opera House!

With sincere appreciation,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts