New Years Resolutions and Fitness

As we welcome the New Year, I want to talk about Resolutions! The most common resolution made at the beginning of the year is to exercise and lose weight. This is great, but there's a problem. It is also the most commonly broken promise. So how do you make the commitment to become healthier and actually maintain it? Here are 5 of my biggest tips:

1- Set aside a certain time each day to spend exercising. I am commonly asked how I find time to workout, and the answer is simple.. I don't find time, I make it. By putting my visit to the gym or my dance class on my schedule I am much more likely to stick with it!

2- Small changes make a big difference. So many people make the mistake of drastically altering their diet and exercise plans instead of slowly adding things like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to your diet and gradually implementing exercise in daily routines.

3- Stay motivated! This can be done by changing your phone wallpaper to a picture of an inspirational quote or keeping it on your refrigerator or mirror. It's a perfect reminder when you're tempted to reach for something unhealthy in the fridge or when you're spending time on your phone that could be spent being active.






4- Become involved in an activity that you enjoy. If you hate running then don't do it. The options for physical activity each day are endless! Some possibilities include team and individual sports, indoor and outdoor activities, and things done around your house.

5- Holding yourself accountable is so valuable. My favorite way to do this is at www.fueluptoplay60.com. By creating an account and using the Tracker feature, you can keep up with how active you were that day and what you consumed. It has helped me realize how many servings of foods from certain groups I should have a day and how active I really am.

And my bonus tip is… Be good to yourself! We all make mistakes and mess up sometimes. Tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh and make it count!


Look for these features on Fuel Up to Play 60’s website!

Let's make this the year that being healthy is taken off of the "Unfulfilled Resolution" list! For my tips and advice stay tuned to the blog and my Facebook page, Miss Teen International 2014 Blair Wortsmith.

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts