Goodbye, High School!

It’s hard to believe I just finished my final year of high school!

The high school I attended is a little different than most! Little Rock Central High School was the first in the nation to integrate during the Civil Rights Movement, and it is now a National Historical Site. People travel from all over the United States to tour my school, and students even learn about the school in US History classes!


There were so many people that made a tremendous impact on my high school career. A quick thank you to my parents, sisters, principal, guidance counselor, amazing teachers, and friends that motivated me, pushed me, and guided me to success.




I graduated with over 600 students, so it was a tremendous privilege to graduate with honors for my participation in Mu Alpha Theta, Beta Club, and National Honors Society. The event is so big that the ceremony is held at an arena!


My school hosts an event after the ceremony called Project Graduation. The entire senior class went to Playtime Pizza from 10 PM to 2 AM to play games, eat pizza, and enjoy our last few hours together! Some of my friends and I won tons of tickets; it was a blast!


It is bittersweet officially saying bye to high school, but I can’t wait to see what the future holds as I begin my college career at the University of Mississippi in the fall!

If you believe in something, believe in it all the way!

Blair Wortsmith
Miss Teen International 2014

Comments

Popular Posts