Platform Work

Can you believe that it is already October? 2016 will be here before we know it and soon after July which means a new queen will be crowned! It is sad for me to even think about that since I have only been Mrs. International for a little over 2 months, but believe it or not three weeks into my reign I had to write my welcome letter to all the new contestants!

With that being said, I wanted to have the opportunity to write about our platform work and how important it is. If you are a reigning 2015 queen with only a few months or weeks left in your reign or a newly crowned 2016 queen don’t forget the true importance of why you are competing. As you know our interview portion accounts for 50% of our score! You definitely want to be able to share with the judges everything that you have done since winning your state or region title as well as share with them the WHY behind your platform and what you plan to accomplish during your reign.

For the class of 2015, finish strong. You have each worked so hard this year and if there are things that you still want or need to do, do it! To the class of 2016, your year is going to fly bye! Get started now and don’t wait. The last thing that you want is to still have a laundry list of goals that you hoped to accomplish as Mrs. So and So International. Life is busy, trust me, I know. Your heart will thank you and so will all those that you are helping.

Until the Mission is Complete,

Farabe'

Comments

Popular Posts