Let's Be Thankful!


As we quickly approach the Thanksgiving holidays, I know many of us start to think about our travel plans and all the yummy food that we can prepare to ultimately eat! Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to spend with loved ones as memories are made. Sometimes we can lose focus on what the holiday is really for... Being thankful!

A tradition that I started doing is that on the first of November, I say one thing I'm thankful for. I do this every day with the final day being on Thanksgiving Day. This allows me to focus on the blessings God has bestowed upon me and to acknowledge the people, places and things that I sometimes forget about with the hustle and bustle of life. When I take the time to have a heart of gratitude, it really helps me put what's important in perspective.

I encourage everyone to spend some time thinking about what you are grateful for. Sometimes the grass can look greener in someone else's life, but I have found that when we focus on the positive in our lives, we realize we are very blessed!

Truly thankful,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts