Be a Kid Again!

Have you ever watched a child play on the playground? Jumping and running, swinging and twirling without a care in the world! There is something to be said of being able to be care-free, and your only worry is who are you going to play hide-and-seek with!

So what happens after our recess days are over? The worrying and stress begins. From making sure bills are paid, going through the checklist of all the tasks we have to get done and trying harder and harder to meet our goals. Sometimes we forget to add some fun into out lives. 


I remember in graduate school I took a stress class. My professor asked us to meet at her house for one of our classes. Instead of our usual lecture and discussion, she had us picking blueberries from her farm, playing childhood games, and made us eat with our fingers. At first we were resistant to this plan, but then we opened up and had so much fun! At the end of our class, she reminded us that it's important to have fun and not get so stressed out from our daily lives. In fact a healthy dose of fun can greatly reduce the stress level in our lives and enhance our mental health. Since that class, I make it a point to make sure I add some fun into my weekly plan. This allows me to have some fun and just be a kid again! 


I encourage each of you to remember the fun of being a kid again and make sure to take a break from your regular routine to "play" and have some fun!

Breaking the stigma,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts