Christmas Parades


'Tis the season for Christmas Parades and lamp post lights. The spirit of Christmas never fails to warm my heart. During the first weekend of December I rode in my hometown's Christmas Parade and Little Rock's Christmas parade the following day. Christmas Parades seem to bring pure joy to everyone and ignite the Christmas spirit. I can remember watching my hometown's Christmas parade and being in awe at the spectacular floats. I'll never forget seeing titleholders riding and waving in the parade. I would always say, “Look Mama, a princess!” 




Now being in the princess position, I always look at the little girls who say the same to their mothers and I always say “Merry Christmas” to them. I like to make them feel like they can be anything they want to be. They could be a princess one day too. Thinking back to when I watched princesses, I never would have imagined being where I am today. 'Tis the season for giving. One thing I will give the little princesses is belief in themselves that they can do whatever they set their minds to. For all the big princesses in the world, we can encourage the next generation of princesses to follow their dreams!

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible.” - Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts