Ronald McDonald House Lighting

On December 1st, Ronald McDonald House of Arkansas had their thirty fifth House Lighting Ceremony. I was super excited to be invited to this event. When we drove up to the house there were so many cars and big smiles on everyone's face. A choir sang Christmas carols while everyone made their way inside for tasty treats. I caught up with Ronald McDonald himself and the one and only Santa Claus. 

  
The previous time I visited the house was a few weeks prior when I delivered eleven gallons of pop tabs. I met a nice family and took pictures with their daughter. I was able to recap with the family at the house lighting ceremony and it touched my heart. More families came down from their rooms for the event and it made me so happy to be able to meet them as well! 






It was finally time to light up the house so everyone made their way outside. With much excitement, I was on Arkansas News Channel 11 as Miss Teen International with Ronald McDonald and Santa. After a brief interview the countdown began. Counting down from ten the crowd anticipated the lighting while the choir still sang carols. Finally, the house lit up along with everyone's spirit for a philanthropic Christmas, as every Christmas should be.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible.” - Audrey Hepburn

Jules Fletcher
Miss Teen International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts