About My Platform- Dancing Through the Pain

I have made it my personal mission to promote a program I created, Dancing Through the Pain. Dancing Through the Pain is a program that teaches coping methods to people who experience all types of pain. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services pain affects more Americans than diabetes, heart disease and cancer combined. All of us have experienced pain at some point in our lives, and that is why everyone can benefit from my program!

One of the most common questions I have been asked is why? I have learned from personal experience that pain doesn't only affect the person, but their families as well. My mother has suffered from multiple diseases for all of my life. Due to a faulty flu shot, my mother was diagnosed with Guillian Barre, a disease that paralyzed her from the waist down for a year when I was young. After that she has been given multiple diagnoses. Now she has been diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis. One of the side effects is chronic pain, caused by lesions on her spine. Simple stretches and exercises that I include in my program, can make all the difference while dealing with pain. Even if you personally do not experience pain I encourage you to attend a class, learn the moves, and pass them on!

I created my Pain Patient Resource App that is now available to download to give patients worldwide free access to resources. Not only do they have access to my website and youtube channels through the app, but the U.S. Pain Foundation's resources as well. As an Ambassador and Spokesperson for the U.S. Pain Foundation, I can reach more people than ever before. I am confident that together we can start a chain reaction of basic stretches and exercises that will improve the quality of life of pain patients worldwide!

“Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.” - Orison Swett Marden

Garin

Comments

Popular Posts