Georgia on My Mind

As Miss International 2016, I am able to travel the world and see some of the most fantastic places it has to offer. However, there’s no place quite like the sweet state of Georgia. The activities, sights, towns, and people offer a truly remarkable experience.

Atlanta is our capital and a place that I’ve called home for many years. We have iconic destinations like the Fox Theater, World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, the Georgia Dome, Turner Field and my Alma Mater… Georgia State University. My inner nerd thrives off the fact that we are also home to many Fortune 500 Companies - Coca-Cola, Chick-Fil-A, and Delta Air Lines just to name a few.


Shortly after graduating from college, I moved slightly north of Downtown Atlanta and made Buckhead my home. Right outside the city, you find small neighborhoods that are each highly unique - Inman Park, Virginia Highlands, Decatur, and Midtown are always hot spots but none quite like Buckhead. Everything I need is within 20 minutes of me and the community feels like home. We have Chastain Park, amazing clothing boutiques, eateries (Ford Fry restaurants are the best), cupcakeries, and my favorite place in the world - Passion City Church. In August of 2015, I was baptized here and now serve as a Door Holder so more people can experience Jesus.


North Georgia is home to areas rich in tradition and the phenomenal sights. The absolute best time to visit the mountains of North Georgia is the fall. I love being able to visit the Blue Ridge Mountains, go apple picking, and enjoy the beautiful color change of the leaves. On the weekends, I can often be found hiking one of our challenging hiking trails. Amicalola Falls, Stone Mountain, Panther Creek and Kennesaw Mountain are my favorite! I do live in a big city, so it’s really relaxing to disconnect from the hustle and bustle and enjoy the beauty of nature when time allows.


South Georgia will always have a special place in my heart. Savannah is a phenomenal city, but the best thing about it is the memory I have with my Grandmother who recently passed away. We took an all girl’s trip and experienced the best Savannah had to offer. From River Street Sweets to Paula Dean’s Restaurant - The Lady and Son’s. This town is a great place for tourism and offers a true southern experience. You’ll experience trees covered with Spanish moss, Hollywood backdrops used by the film industry, and historic buildings that take you back to simpler times.

From the North Georgia Mountains to the deep south, Georgia has something for everyone and is my home. Whether you want to be entertained at the local theaters, see historic sights, or enjoy the latest delicious dinner from Ford Fry… I hope you keep Georgia on your mind!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda

Comments

Popular Posts