How You Can Help!


I frequently get messages from people asking how they too can get involved with the fight against child abuse and neglect. My social media posts have inspired some people to step up and step out. Commonly after my post, I’ll either get a friend asking if the center I’m volunteering at could use any donations or how they too can get involved in volunteering. Whether I’m posting pictures with Happy Bear during community outreach or photos at the center volunteering, I’m SO happy that I’ve inspired at least that one person to give back to a cause that I’m so passionate about. After all, THAT’S what this is all about!

That ONE person! I’ve inspired one person, then hopefully they will inspire another, and then they inspire another, and continue a chain effect. Because I know I can’t just take a magic eraser and drastically change a child’s past or the number of children affected by abuse and neglect per year. BUT I CAN help bring awareness and inspire another to know just how important and impactful this cause is, and that they too should get involved. Most of the time I’m commonly asked how someone can volunteer, or where. Other times people tell me that they’d love to volunteer in the centers but they just don’t have much time in their daily lives. That’s why I wanted to write this blog, to share just of a few of the many different ways you can help too!


There are SO many ways you can help the fight against child abuse and neglect:

VOLUNTEER: CASA is always looking for advocates. Your local Child Advocacy Center could always use center volunteers. CASA, CAC’S, and Prevent Child Abuse America are always hosting local events and need volunteers to work them, check out their social media calendars!

DONATE: Child Protective Services, CASA, and Care Centers could always use donations for their rainbow rooms, lion’s dens, and care rooms. Some Child Advocacy centers have donation drop off locations where you can donate your used items to families in need, check and see if yours does! CAC and CASA also have stuffed animal and back to school drives they host, they also are always hosting holiday toy drives for their children or even for you to sponsor a child during the holidays! This is perfect for those that just don’t have the extra time to give, give your used things or donate items they desperately need!

GIVE: There’s links on every local, state, national, and international child abuse prevention organizations website with the option to give! GIVE!

PRAY: There’s no better way to help someone, than the power of prayer!

SPREAD POSITIVE AWARENESS: We live in a social media era. Spread positive awareness and encourage others to do that same!

There are so many ways you can help and get involved! These are just a few, I encourage you to do what you can and help a child today!


Turning Broken Into Brave,

Your Mrs. International 2017

Melissa Pocza

Comments

Popular Posts