Busy Weekend!

 

I will have to tell the next Miss Teen International, that she will be very busy, especially if she has a full time course load in either college or high school. On the other hand, she will have the time of her life just like I am having. After a busy day volunteering at Redskins Stadium on behalf of the American Heart Association (I will blog about this later), I rushed home and changed into a cocktail dress.


My mom was serving as an optional judge for a regional pageant – judging spokes model, talent and casual wear categories. The pageant directors asked her to return for the evening gown competition later that night and to make sure that I came along. Well, as Miss Teen International, one thing that I have gotten good at with my crazy schedule is “the quick change!”

Me with some of the sweet young girls who turned out for this pageant.


I had no idea that the emcee was going to stop everything and introduce me, announcing in a loud voice, “ladies and gentlemen, there is a celebrity in the house, Miss Teen International is here at our pageant.” I was embarrassed to say the least, turning a shade of red to match my dress, but I will have to admit is it was fun.

Any time I'm making an appearance, two things are always front and center: my platform and promoting the International pageant system. Here I am with a lovely and poised young lady named Faith who has professed an interest in competing as a teen in the International system. I am sure we will all be hearing a lot about her in the future.

This is Faith's Mother, Dee. They were very interested in the International pageant system.

After the pageant, lots of girls in their poofy, princess dresses wanted to take pictures with me. One little girl, all of 9 or 10 years old, pointed to my crown, and said,” That’s going to be my crown some day!” With her confidence and poise, I could definitely see that being the case.

This young lady is the one who pointed to my crown, and said to her Mother,” That’s going to be my crown some day!”  With her confidence and poise, I could definitely see that being the case!

I was admiring the fabulous scrap books that the 2010 Maryland Jr. Teen and Teen had assembled to commemorate their reigns. I was so touched when the mother of the Junior Teen came up to me and offered to make a scrap book for me if I would supply her with the photos. I graciously thanked her and told her that the offer was very kind, but I was excited about taking this on as my own project this year.

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts