Miss International: My Exercise Regimen

Being healthy and staying in shape is something that’s very important to me. About 2 years ago I decided to really start working out with a plan & a goal and to start eating right and learning about what my body needs in order to stay at its best.

Last year I had a gym in my apartment complex, I had a free gym membership through my dance team, and we danced about 4 nights a week, so I had great access to exercise all the time. I started to enjoy running (who would have thought?) and lifting weights.

In my new apartment things are a little different. I don’t have a gym here and memberships are expensive, so I’ve taken to working out in my apartment or outside. My neighborhood is really beautiful and safe so I enjoy going for a run outside. I even just bought some new earmuffs with headphones built in so my ears don’t freeze! They’re pretty cheap at Target!

Also, I have P90x on my computer, so I plan to start that any day. I did the first day a few days ago and my arms are STILL sore. I guess it had been a while since I had done any push-ups.

However you choose to exercise, it’s important that you find what works for you. You need to stay motivated and enjoy what you’re doing. Couple that with eating healthy & you’ll see changes in your mood, energy level, and clothes!

Ashley Smith

Comments

Popular Posts