Christmas 2010

It’s mid-January…where is time going!!!

I cannot believe I failed to share Christmas with our loyal blog readers! Please forgive me and allow me to “catch up” and explain! Christmas was different for our family this year.

This is Halle-Grace with my uncle Johnny (I call him John Boy). 3 days before Christmas, we received horrific news. Johnny has cancer. It is pretty much all over his body! He is currently receiving chemotherapy at Baptist Hospital and that’s where he spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day! As a family, we postponed our festivities until New Years Day. He’s a fighter and we are praying for a miracle!


Halle-Grace was super excited about Christmas this year and was not very happy when the Christmas trees and decorations came down! I remember what it was like being a child and wanting Christmas to last forever. Here are some of my favorite photos and memories of Christmas 2010.

For the first time in my life, we woke up to a WHITE Christmas. I LOVE SNOW so this was a delightful treat!

Halle-Grace had a grand performance in her Christmas play at her pre-school. She loves the stage and loves to sing! This was another “treat” that we enjoyed during the holidays!

And of course, Santa came to our house.

My treat was a new lens for my camera. I love photography and when I have spare time (haha, what’s that??) I do enjoy taking photos of Miss Magic!




The new lens gives a beautiful Bokeh effect. In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points. I have so much to learn…I’ll hopefully master this hobby someday…until then, I’ll have fun capturing images anyway! I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.





Goodbye 2010…Welcome 2011.

Shannon Devine

Comments

Popular Posts