My 2nd Trip to Dothan

Last week, it was very surreal to be walking into The Competitive Image as Mrs. International!  Red carpet rolled out, rose petals everywhere and champagne toasts…ok, so the last part was the way I felt, and there wasn’t actually any red carpet, but the energy was electric! 

My ‘day job’ doesn’t give me the opportunity to play ‘dress-up’ with Sherri Hill and other fabulous designers, and since we all know there is a little girl still hidden inside of us who loves to do that at any age, this was my time!  Joey had an array of dynamite dresses and accessories laid out for me to try on for the photo shoot.  Clay had his vast display of amazing make-up colors from his Clay Spann Cosmetics line.  Terri was my assistant helping unpack my crown, clip my dresses, assist with jewelry and anything else – she’s wonderful.  It’s was also great to spend some quality time with Mary Richardson.  My schedule didn’t allow me to be at the trunk shows earlier this year, so I missed out on that opportunity to meet her and so I really enjoyed ‘girl time’ with my ‘new boss.’ 

It was a day I’ll always remember and I look forward to the big unveil of my official headshots as your Mrs. International 2011!

Janet Bolin

Comments

Popular Posts