Dog Jog

From Labradors to Chihuahuas, dogs and puppies alike took over Winger Deer Park this weekend at the annual Tri-Cities Dog Jog! Barks filled the air as dogs ran a mile around the park to raise funds for the new Washington County Animal Shelter facility!


It was a joy to see so many pets and their owners jog together along the mile-long trail! My dog, Chi-Chi, was the smallest (and most spoiled) dog there, complete with her pink painted toenails! While I was leading her along during the Dog Jog, I felt a tug on the leash. I turned to see Chi-Chi sitting in the middle of the trail, staring at me as if to say, “My legs are too little. I just can’t walk another step! Please carry me.” So I picked her up and carried her the rest of the way as we finished the race together. What we do for our dogs!



Many other activities took place during the Dog Jog: the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the jog were “crowned”, an award was given to the youngest and oldest dog, and a K-9 demonstration was held, reminding the crowd how important dogs are in humans’ lives. Special thanks to my good friend, Katie Edwards, who volunteered at the Jurnee’s Journey booth. We sold lots of Paws and Claws jewelry and t-shirts. We were happy to make a donation, on the spot, directly to the Washington County Animal Shelter! Executive Director, Debbie Dobbs, and I reminisced about my donation to the shelter in 2007.  The Washington Co. Animal Shelter was the first ever recipient of a donation from Jurnee’s Journey. We were happy to help them once again!


I had such a fun day with all the rescue dogs! Please adopt from a shelter, because every pet deserves a chance, or second chance at a loving, forever home!


Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts