Miss International visits North Carolina Children’s Hospital


I had a great time visiting North Carolina Children’s Hospital this past weekend!  Prior to my visit I had heard such wonderful things about the hospital that I couldn’t wait to see for myself.  When I walked into the lobby I was blown away! It was as though I wasn’t in a hospital at all, rather I felt like I was a children’s museum!  I wish I could have taken pictures, but due to the Hospital’s interest in patient confidentiality, I was not allowed to take any pictures inside of the building.

I was greeted with open arms as I met the volunteer coordinator and we headed to the pediatric playroom.  I was glad that I heeded the volunteer coordinator’s advice and wore casual comfortable clothes because before I knew it, I was playing basketball and strumming an electric guitar!  There were children of all sizes and  ages in the playroom. Despite their illnesses all they wanted to do was to just be kids and play.  It gave me a new appreciation for my health and made me realize just how blessed I am.
I concluded my visit by reading with a group of children and making a donation of 50 books to the pediatric playroom library.  It was an experience that I will never forget!
Best,
Ciji Dodds
Miss International 2011

Comments

Popular Posts