Go Red Luncheon

An ocean of red flooded together to wipe out heart disease in women at my local chapter’s Go Red Luncheon! Everywhere I turned, I saw the radiant color of red! It was astounding to see so many women (and men!) come together to support the American Heart Association.


At the event hall at the luncheon, I set up a booth of heart themed jewelry to raise funds for the Go Red campaign.


My grandmother and mother, who is on the Circle of Red Society, attended the luncheon as well. 3 generations of women who want to end heart disease!


Our keynote speaker was Ginger Zimmerman. Her story was incredible and very inspiring. I couldn’t believe that 9 days after she had a heart transplant, her husband passed away. Ginger has been through some tough situations, but nothing is holding her back from sharing her story!

Donating the jewelry sales to Marty Price-Executive Director of our local AHA chapter


You’re never too old or too young to Go Red! Join the movement and make it your mission at goredforwomen.org

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts