Dodge Center Celebration

As I drove about two hours south of my home in Minneapolis on a beautiful June evening, I couldn’t help but smile at the scenery. There were rows of new crops making patterns like a quilt across the countryside, clusters of mature trees outlining the barn yards, and graceful windmills capturing energy in the distance against the blue sky.

The wonderful residents of Dodge Center, Minnesota, welcomed me into their community with wide open arms. I was asked to speak to the audience, assist with the crowning of their local royalty, and sign autograph cards.

It was a pleasure to mingle with the locals and learn a little bit about their charming town. When I addressed the group, I shared with them the fact that I am from a town smaller than their own, and no matter where you call home, there is a world full of opportunities!

I would like to thank Cheryl Gillard for inviting me to participate in their celebration and I wish the very best to the young ladies who will undoubtedly make their community proud!

Addressing the residents of Dodge Center

“Dream Big!” is one of my favorite messages.

All my best,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts