Mrs. International 2013 Finals

On Saturday night I witnessed the crowning of a new Mrs. Int’l while honoring the remarkable year of service by Mrs. International 2012, Sarah Bazey. With the husbands decked out in suits and tuxedos it was a truly glamorous event. Talented co-hosts, who also doubled as entertainment, created a glamorous and entertaining evening. I even got to sit up in the box suite!!


My favorite portion of the competition is the presentation of the individual platforms.  The variety of platforms and the personal stories connected with each contestant was both impressive and moving.  With my interest in at-risk and abused children I was pleased to learn that our new Mrs. International supports and advocates for children who need safe homes through CASA. All of the contestants should be very proud of their accomplishments because it takes a tremendous amount of work, dedication, and confidence to get onto that big bright stage. 

Following the crowing was the Coronation after party.  This is a time for all the contestants to let down their hair, enjoy a party atmosphere and finally eat some carbs. I joined in on these festivities thankful that I was not under the pressure of performing this year.

I really enjoyed begin able to meet the contestants personally and hear about their experience during the week of competition.  I was quite surprised by the number of contestants who told me that they had enjoyed reading my blog.  Of course, I had hoped that someone was reading but blogging is a one-sided event with limited feedback.  Being able to hear that my words had touched another women’s heart was an unexpected blessing. A very humble thanks you to all who have followed me throughout the year. I am speechless and in awed by your support and praise for my accomplishments.  

It was very emotional watching Sarah Bazey crown her successor. For those of you who don’t know, Sarah and I met while competing at the Minnesota State pageant. of course, the second she opened her mouth I knew she was someone special who had a profound story to tell. I have always been inspired by her motivation to keep going when it seems like the world is caving in on you. Her confidence, elegant, poise and charm is like no one else I have every met. 

She is so generous; she invited me to New York City with her and literally showed me around the city, Sarah style. We went to Broadway, the New York Burn Center Hospital, ate New York style Pizza, and were accommodated by Harvard. It was a week I will never forget and I am so thankful to have gotten to spend not only my state title with her but to continue our reign together at nationals as well. I love you Sarah and I hope our relationship can continue long into the future. 

All my love, 

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012 

Comments

Popular Posts