Valentine's Day


With Valentine’s Day coming up, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss the impact of encouraging words and positive actions! There is a Christian radio station in Houston (89.3 KSBJ) that starts a “Love Notes” initiative around Valentine’s Day week! Essentially what you do is carry a pad of sticky notes with you, and whenever you think to write someone an encouraging word, you write it down and stick it on their desk, door, window, etc. With Houston being one of the largest cities in the country, it is so cool to be running around town and finding these notes in strategic places! I have gone to the ladies’ room at Starbucks and have seen a “You are beautiful!” sticky on the mirror! Last year I saw one that said “God loves you!” at the grocery store. Whether you give these notes to people you know, or find creative ways to leave them for strangers to find, I think it is a great way to uplift others and also have some fun during this special holiday!

On the same note, if you are not a big “words” person, do not think I left you out! Your actions go a long way too! One fun thing I like to do is to pay it forward. Sometimes I will pay for the person behind me in the drive-through lane, or bring someone a special treat that I know needs a lift in their spirits. It is always neat to think that if I can add some positivity to someone else’s day, they will hopefully pass it on to someone else. Can you imagine what the world would be like if we did this all the time? It is definitely easier said than done, but Valentine’s Day is great time to show others that they are loved, and you can do this with small acts of kindness! 


So as you spend the day of love with your significant other and/or family and friends, don’t forget to extend yourself to those who may need a little extra love on that day!

LOVE Always,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts