The Best Travel Apps


The Miss International job has afforded me numerous opportunities to travel the world that I never fathomed. I’ve always loved seeing the world - but it’s like the crown has magical powers and transforms you into a true Wanderlust! I’ve seen parts of this world that were beautiful, saddening, and empowering. I’ve stood before the nicest areas and the brokenness of slums. As Miss International, you see it all and your heart has to be prepared for everything.

Somewhere in the middle of a small street in Paris, I realized that without the apps on my phone I would be two things…. 1)lost and 2)hungry! The apps have enabled me to see the truest parts of cities and avoid tourist areas. I seriously think the Maps App has saved marriages everywhere - it’s such an amazing piece of technology. Good or bad - I’ve become dependent on my phone when traveling. Today, I want to share with you all some of my favorite travel apps to help you have the most wonderful vacations, appearances, and more!

*Apple Maps or Google Maps

No explanation needed. These save my life. Every. Single. Time.

*Uber

I prefer using Uber over Taxis. Personally, I find it to be a better experience and Uber holds each car to certain standards. During my time in Europe, I used it each day and met amazing people. The drivers also have insight to the city. Travel Tip: If you have an American Express, link it to your account. You will earn free rides, discounts, and vouchers.

*Google Translate

This one is especially important if you are overseas. I was recently in the Louvre Museum and came to realize that knowing Spanish and English didn’t help at all. Google Translate helped me better understand the art and artifacts that I looked at.

*Trip Advisor

This app offers a plethora of assistance to its users. You can look at attractions, restaurants, museums and so much more. I love that I can see what people honestly think without any input from the individual businesses - it’s raw and real. The photo feature is also super appreciated. I like that I can look at customer photos of meals, inside appearance, and other features. It helps me see if I really want to go somewhere or if I can use my time elsewhere.

*Delta, American Airlines, Virgin, etc.

I highly suggest using the app your airline has created. It allows you to have the most up to date information and have your boarding pass right on your phone instead of a little piece of paper (that I somehow end up loosing every time).

*Open Table and The Fork
Visiting small restaurants and coffee shops in each town I visit is a passion of mine. I often travel with the rule “No Chain Food” because I want authentic cuisine. Open Table and The Fork allow me to get real reviews (similar to Trip Advisor), look at the menu, and make a reservation. I would say 75% of all the restaurants I experienced in Europe were found off this app.

I can’t wait to see where your travels take you! Buckle up, Miss International 2017, this will be the most amazing ride.

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts