3 Tips For International Paperwork


Ladies, it is game time! I am so excited that we are only a few short months away from 2017 Internationals. However, before we all arrive in Charleston, there are a number of important tasks that have to be completed. From planning out your wardrobe to securing transportation…there are a lot of details. Doing your paperwork is one of the most intense, intimidating, and tedious pieces of preparing for Internationals. Trust me, I did mine all by myself… I get it.

Grab a cup of coffee and use these tips to help you create the best paperwork that represents who you are and why you are the best choice for the job!

Be On Time

Judges get a contestant’s paperwork roughly 3 weeks in advance. If your paperwork is late, it will be sent separately and judges will be aware that you missed the deadline. The best way to avoid late paperwork is to set your personal deadline two weeks before the International deadline. Put in the extra work, don’t procrastinate, and show the judges that you’re ready for the job! When you become Miss International, you’ll have deadlines too. There are no excuses.

Be Grammatically Correct

Let me preface this by sharing that my mom is a teacher. Ever since I was a little girl, she instilled in me the importance of being grammatically correct. Even at 24 years old… I don’t always get it right, and she still corrects me! In this case, I wanted her to pick my paperwork apart and her intense eyes were joyfully welcomed. Although judges may not pick up on your grammar being perfect… they will notice if it’s wrong. Be remembered for a good reason!

Be Unique

You know how they say, “You never have a second chance to make a first impression”… it’s true. Your paperwork will create your first impression. I vividly remember one of my judges saying, “Your paperwork is one of the best I’ve ever seen.” I kindly chimed in with, “Thank you! I did it all myself.” The judge was shocked! Whether you hire our fabulous sponsor, Susan Botek, or do the paperwork yourself… just ensure that it represents who you truly are. With my platform being related to body image and eating disorders, I stayed true to my heart and in the section asking for weight… I put “healthy.” It was true, I haven't stepped on a scale since leaving recovery and I am so thankful that I’ve broken free from its chains. I knew it was a risk to put that on my paperwork, but I had to be uniquely Amanda. Win or lose, I wanted to be true to who God called me to be.

Alright, one more sip of coffee… now GO! Press on and make your paperwork standout for all the right reasonsI know you all are going to be phenomenal and I can’t wait to watch each one of you shine onstage!

P.S. Mom, I apologize for any grammatical errors in this blog! Love you!

Redefining Beauty Worldwide,

Amanda Moreno
Miss International 2016

Comments

Popular Posts