AHA Celebrity Golf Tournament


I was honored to be invited to be a part of the AHA Celebrity golf tournament! It was a beautiful day for the event held at the fabulous Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, Virginia. Although I am personally not a golfer, I enjoyed meeting every one and helping the AHA with their event.



Throughout the day, I spent time with the celebrities and sponsors. The American Heart Association has such a wide breath of support from the community and many of the local sporting teams as well as the local media.



I was so busy all day but love to be at events that highlight my platform. Every one I spoke to that day was touched by heart disease in one way or another-it was amazing to hear all of the stories.




I had the privilege to work with Mrs. Deanna Linz, Mrs. Northeast International. For such a young woman, she has been personally affected by heart disease. Not only did she lose both of her parents in their mid fifties, but she had a heart attack herself in January of 2010. When you look at her, she doesn’t fit the image of who you would think would be most affected by heart disease, but that is the point of these fundraisers. Heart disease can affect young and old, even young, fit beauty queens. It is important for everyone to know their numbers and to understand the warning signs of a stroke and heart attack. With this knowledge, we can reduce the toll of the number one killer today, heart disease.

Juliana McKee

Comments

Popular Posts