Buckingham Palace at Night!



It is our first evening in London as Joe and I commence our European tour...and I could not be more excited! Our flight here was fortunately direct from Minneapolis and we found taking the Underground (aka the Tube) a very easy and efficient form of transportation to our unbelievable accommodations. I have never enjoyed the benefits of having a butler before today, but could become quite accustom to having my clothing complimentary pressed.

Which, I might add is appreciated more than they know, due to the fact that I packed; four gowns, eight pairs of shoes, outfits for each appearance and transport including accessories and a very large crown...oh, and my 6'2" husband's wardrobe with appropriate changes into...carry on. I know this sounds crazy to most, but that is how we packed for three weeks for the Asian Pacific tour and I managed to make it again. And, Ms. Becky Thoreson took a photo of our departure at the curb for proof!

Aside from feeling pampered, we could not be more excited about the location! Just in a matter of minutes we walked from our hotel to Harrods, which is more incredible than I imagined.


We met up with one of my dearest friends in the world, Shannon Jipsen, and ate a wonderful dinner at Caffe Concerto. Shannon and I both ordered a fabulous Butternut Squash Risotto and Joe had a delectable Penne dish.


After dinner, what else would we do, but stroll down The Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk to the gates of Buckingham Palace! The flag was up, the Queen was home...and I can not think of a better way to bring to a close the end of our first day in Europe!

With love and appreciation to everyone joining us on this journey,

Sarah Bazey
Mrs. International 2012

Comments

Popular Posts