A New Member of the “Royal Family”

Last year, I was so inspired my Miss Teen International 2011, Jurnee Carr. Her platform, The Humane Society, focuses on eradicating animal abuse through no-kill shelters and most importantly, adoption! In Alabama, we experience absolutely BRUTAL summers due to the heat, paired with extreme humidity. My family and I decided that this would be a perfect time to help others in need. However, this time, the “person” we chose to help had two extra legs and a little extra hair on his body.


Meet Tyson! He is a four-year-old chocolate lab, and the newest member of our family. He is the most gentle and loving dog I have ever met. He loves to take walks and watch TLC! Tyson fits right into our baseball-loving family because it is his favorite game, as well! My mom normally does not allow us to have animals inside our house, but Tyson is a bit spoiled already. He even has his own room!

If you and your family decide that you have room for a new addition, I encourage you to at least visit your local Humane Society before making a choice about purchasing or adopting an animal. Knowing that we have helped Tyson live a better life is so rewarding…and so are his “kisses”!

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts