Miss International Wardrobe

Well, since my sister queens did such a wonderful job showcasing their outfits from last year’s pageant, I guess it is my turn! I had so much fun picking out my wardrobe for the pageant. I had all my outfits divided by days, and I had an Excel spreadsheet / number system to organize my heels and accessories for each outfit. This sounds ridiculous, but let me tell you, it made the week so much easier as I did not have to think about how I was going to coordinate my outfits each day.

Arrival:

This sun dress was sponsored for my arrival to the hotel! First impressions are lasting impressions, so make sure to pick an outfit that you feel comfortable in and will stand out to anyone you might bump into in the lobby!


Mrs. International Pageant:

I drove into Jacksonville a few days early, so that I could watch the Mrs. International pageant. I wanted to be there to support my sister queen. I am so glad I did, because she won! I choose to wear a cocktail dress for the pageant. This was a dress that I already had in my closet. Remember ladies, do not feel that you have to buy every single outfit. I am sure there is plenty in your closet that will be perfect for certain events!


Orientation:

My “brand” for the pageant was “Sasha Fierce” aka Beyonce! I wanted to make a statement as I knew this would be the first time I would meet most of the contestants and sponsors. I decided to do a jumpsuit. I absolutely loved this outfit! It was so comfortable and is a classic piece that I can wear for years.


Outing Day:

Dress for the weather! Coming from Houston, I already knew I needed something fashionable but light and airy. This was an outfit that I also had from my closet. You will be doing a lot of walking, so be mindful of this when you are picking shoes for this day. Although you can wear sandals and flats, I choose to wear heels. They were a comfortable pair, but it was important to me to already see myself as Miss International. And knowing that I would be wearing heels a lot during my reign, I figured I should dress the part!


Formal Dinner / Group Picture:

This is one of my favorite evening gowns! I already had this gown from a previous pageant that I competed in. I am glad that I choose this gown as our group picture was taken outside, and once again, it was really hot! So be mindful of this when you are selecting your gown for this fun evening!


PACE Center:

I am so glad that we were able to visit the PACE Center for Girls. It was one of my favorite parts of the week. I decided to wear a simple sun dress that I found online and some wedge heels. I did not feel the need to spend a lot of money for this look, because I knew the demographic of girls that we would be with. I wanted the girls to feel like they could approach me versus intimidated by my fancy outfit. With all this in mind, you still want to look professional and like you are ready to be the next Miss International!


Interview:

Another one of my favorites! My Mom’s company sponsored this entire outfit (getting a company to sponsor an outfit is definitely an option if you are looking for ways to help financially). Since the interview portion is worth 40% for the Miss division, I wanted an outfit that would stand out and make a statement. I chose this Victoria Beckham dress that fit like a glove…I mean really! I could not eat until after my interview to make sure this dress fit beautifully! The shoes were simple to not be too distracting. 


Teen Preliminary Pageant:

I wore a black evening gown that I already had. I wanted a dress that would be comfortable sitting in since I knew I would be in the audience watching all the teens compete. This is also another chance for the judges to see you while you're cheering on the teens! 


Judges’ Rehearsal:

I wanted a dress that would be dressy, since I knew the judges would be at this rehearsal. The funny thing is, I do not think the judges came to this rehearsal! They came to another rehearsal, so make sure all of your rehearsal outfits are “judge approved” as you never know when the judges will be there! 


Evening Gown:

By now, I know you have seen plenty of pictures of my actual competition wear…especially my evening gown. But I thought it was important to share a fact. This was my first crown to win in a dress that was not white. So first let me say, although white gowns win a lot, it is not the only color that can win. Secondly, I was having second thoughts about my dress hours before the final show. I brought the gown I won Miss Texas in as backup, but unless your gown tears or goes missing, you have to stick with the gown you registered. After talking with my family, state director and one of my sponsors, I realized that this was all a mind game. A dress alone is not going to win you a crown. Once I changed my attitude, I walked on the stage that night like I was on the Victoria’s Secret runway! Not only did I end up winning the crown, but I tied for best evening gown! 


Contract Day / TV Interview:

The day after you win, you sign your official contract. You may also have a TV interview. I brought a few extra dresses during my week, and I wore this for my contract signing and TV appearance due to the bright color!


I can’t wait to see what you ladies pick to wear for your week in Jacksonville! See you soon!

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts