One Month Away

We are one month away from the Miss and Teen International pageants! I am sure all kinds of emotions are running through you as you go down the checklist of all that has to be done before you get to Jacksonville. I thought I would share a few tips to keep in mind over these next few weeks:

1. Workouts / Eating Habits: It is now crunch time to look your best for the fitness competition. What I love about the International system is that they focus on ladies being healthy and fit versus skinny. This is not the time for crash diets. Make sure to continue eating healthy foods with smaller snacks between your larger meals. Bring healthy snacks to Jacksonville so that when you get the munchies, you do not feel tempted to head to the vending machine. As for your workouts, use this as a time to focus on a body proportion that is well suited for you. If you have never been a size 2, this is not the time to spend hours at the gym to achieve a goal that may not be the healthiest for you. The judges are looking for healthy bodies. There is a gym at the hotel if you want to pack some workout clothes. However, do not necessarily count on there being a lot of time. I was only able to workout once at the gym and a couple of times in my room last year. The week is packed with events, so getting your rest is more important to be able to get through the week!

2. Beauty Appointments: From your nails to your hair and body, you want to make sure you look your best for competition. There will not be much time (if at all) to get your nails done in Jacksonville. So make sure to do this before you fly/drive in. I recommend picking a neutral color that will look good with your entire wardrobe. Some of you may be getting your hair professionally styled during pageant week. Your hair will only look its best if you take care of your pretty locks before you arrive. Make sure to book your appointments for color, cuts, or treatments so that you hair will look fresh! I got my hair color, highlighted and trimmed a week or two before the pageant. I also got a keratin treatment. Coming from a humid environment, I knew this would be helpful during my week in Jacksonville. And believe me, I would have looked like a lion had I not done this!

3. Get Your Team Together: Although all your family and friends may not be able to support you in person, you still want to have some people in the audience while you are competing! Make sure to give your loved ones the information they need to purchase tickets to the shows and our host hotel. I was so grateful to have “Team Elise” screaming loud and proud during prelims and finals night. Having your team there will give you that extra boost you need to feel your best!

I can’t wait to see all of you soon!

Continuing to break the stigma,

Elise Banks
Miss International 2015

Comments

Popular Posts