Flying Tips from Miss International


Having spent countless hours in and around airports this year, I have developed a short list to help make your travels to Charleston smooth and easy.

1. Wear your sash and have your autographs cards handy. I have encountered many people in airports who wanted my autograph card. It’s extra special when you happen to be from the same place. They will feel a personal connection and sometimes ask to bring cards home to their children or for their kids to take pictures with you. Be proud!

2. Get to your gate early. If you are the first at the gate with an agent you can put in a request for a seat upgrade. You possibly could be upgraded to first class or at least an exit row with more leg room.
3. Bring a small lap blanket. You’re going to be going for style over comfort when flying to nationals. Also, it’s summertime so you won’t be wearing warm clothes. This combination could leave you freezing with all the cold air blasting through the airplane. This little blanket Melissa (Mrs. International 2017) sent to me always goes in my carry-on and has been a life saver!


4. Make sure you have the old style headphones AND the adapter. You never know what type of plane you’ll be on. Some planes have you use your own device for entertainment while others have screens on the seat in front of you. Now that apple recently made changes to their headphone cords, I wasn’t equipped for one flight because the new plug isn’t fit for the airplanes. Then on the next flight I brought my old headphones and didn’t have the new ones and it was a flight where you use your own device. Long story short...have both options with you.


5. If possible, pack all your essential outfits for competition in your carry-on luggage. I was lucky to have a gown that I could actually fold. This meant that my gown, fun-fashion, fitness, and interview outfits all fit in one bag. I had no stress about my luggage being lost or late because I had the important stuff with me at all times.

Cheers to safe travels. I’ll see you in Charleston!

Kelsey Craft
Miss International 2017

Comments

Popular Posts