A California Girl

My name is Lauren Weeks. I was born in Mission Viejo, California on June 4, 1986. There were 25 babies born in the hospital that day and as it happened, I was the only girl.

Growing up, I wanted to be involved in any activity possible. This led me to participating in musical theatre, soccer, tennis and cheerleading. But one thing you couldn’t stop me from doing, was singing. My mom said I would sing more than I would talk.

After graduating high school, I was blessed to attend Point Loma Nazarene University where I had the opportunity to study abroad in London, as well as tour with the Point Loma Singers to various churches throughout Scotland and Ireland.

Upon my college graduation, I was hired into the entertainment department at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. Most of my 20’s involved making magic for people young and old at the happiest place on earth and it was there that I began my involvement with Together We Rise (More on that in my next blog).

Disneyland 2011

I married my husband, Ian, in 2010 and we had our first son, Hunter in 2013. Shortly after we had our second son, Wyatt in 2015. Now, we are going through the process of becoming foster parents and we hope to be finalized by 2019.

Our wedding day, 10/17/10 in Temecula, CA

In our free time, our family loves to be outdoors. Whether it’s fishing, hiking, kayaking or horseback riding, we love it all. I’m excited to see how these activities develop and grow as my boys get older and even more adventurous!

I look forward to sharing even more about my life with all of you in future blogs so please stay tuned.

Lauren Weeks
Mrs. International 2018

Comments

Popular Posts