Pageant Week Quotes

During my week at Nationals, my California directors, Ashley and Megan, would send me a daily quote reminder to boost my self esteem or give me a light-hearted giggle. I thought it would be fun to share them with you as they helped me a lot during my week at Nationals.


#1 “Remember the Journey is Important”

This reminded me that my week at Nationals was not defined by whether or not I walked away with the crown. Everything I had done which had led me to competing for Mrs. International was my journey. The children in foster care, that I fought so hard to help, were my journey. My husband, children, friends and family were my journey. Being at Nationals, it can sometimes be hard to remember that it’s not about the competition, it’s about your “why.” Remembering your journey and your “why” is vital to your wellbeing and your success.


#2 “Don’t Let Anyone Treat you Like Free Salsa. You Are Guac Baby Girl. Guac.”

This one gave me the biggest laugh. It brought me humor when I needed it most. It’s a reminder that others do not define who YOU are. Only you determine your worth… and keeping in mind that you are a child of God, His precious jewel, is so important. You are valuable in His eyes and nothing can change that.


#3 “You are amazing… remember that!”

This one is so simple. You are amazing to the people who love you. Your husband thinks you’re amazing. Your children think you’re amazing. The people who truly matter, think you’re amazing… so remember that!


#4 “Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.”

Believing in yourself means that others will believe in you too. Everytime you step out on that stage and everytime you sit down to interview with one of the judges, begin by telling yourself that you are enough. If you believe that you are the best person for the job, it’s a lot more likely that the judges will believe that as well.


#5 “She believed she could, so she did.”

This one doesn’t need much of an explanation. Believing in yourself can be one of the hardest things to do. But when you do, anything is possible. When you start to doubt yourself, and trust me, it will happen at some point, believe that you are exactly where you’re supposed to be, and the rest is in God’s hands… and what better hands could there be?

Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts