Saying Farewell


Wow, what a year it has been. Last year, I flew into West Virginia hoping to at least make the top 15, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be the lucky lady chosen to represent International Pageant’s for the next year.

This year has been filled with so many memories that I will cherish forever. One of the early highlights was flying to Dallas, Texas to visit the headquarters of the American Heart Association. There I, along with my sister queens, had an all day training about our alliance with Go Red For Women. It was wonderful spending time with Kaylee and Georgia and growing our relationship with Go Red.


Another early memory of mine is driving through the night to go see my crowning moment photo in Times Square. It was so nice just driving with my husband, Ian and taking in all the beautiful sights along the way. We knew it was a once in a lifetime experience to see the photo in real life so I’m incredibly thankful my husband had the idea to go and do it.


My next memory is flying to Chicago to judge the Illinois International Pageant. It was such a beautiful show and I loved that they had a legacy ball the night before the pageant where former queens could come and celebrate together. I had a wonderful time seeing old friends and meeting new ones too.


Traveling to Japan and getting to experience a whole new culture was incredible. Seeing Mt. Fuji and wearing a traditional kimono will always be such a cherished memory for me. Thank you Japan for such a warm and beautiful welcome.



Being in New York for fashion week and helping with the Go Red for Women fashion show was once in a lifetime. Spending five days with my sister queens and getting to know each other was also a huge part about why I loved this trip.


Finally rounding off my memories, my week back in Charleston West Virginia was truly amazing. I really enjoyed all of my appearances and getting to know the beautiful and intelligent contestants for 2019. Best of all was crowning my successor. I look forward to seeing her year and watching the legacy as it continues to grow.


Thank you for an incredible year. I will never forget it.

One final time…

Together We Rise,

Your Mrs. International 2018

LAUREN WEEKS

Comments

Popular Posts