Goal Setting

Goals are so important. They’re what get us out of bed in the morning and keep us motivated. So, what happens when we don’t have them?

Well goals are like stepping stone. One laid out in front of the other and they create a path that helps to move you forward. Now you may not know where that path leads but forward is always forward. Even though you may not know where that paths leads there will be a destination or many for that matter. Because life is an ever changing and ever evolving path with many different destinations. That’s the beautiful thing about it.

Our small goals are the stepping stones. Goals that we can accomplish everyday like drinking more water, going for a run, or finishing a task. Every night I write down three goals that I want to accomplish the next day. By writing down these goals I not only keep myself accountable but I am creating stepping stones that will lead me to my ultimate goal.


Ultimate goals can be anything like go to your dream college, get your dream job, become Miss International and the list goes on. Having an ultimate goal keeps your small goals on track by laying those stones out right in front of you to help guide you along the way. Always remember though, that your ultimate goal is never the final destination. You guessed it, it is another stepping stone that will lead you to another path and another extraordinary journey.

Even though I have attained many of my goals. I still have other ultimate goals that help keep me focused and motivated. When I won the title of Miss International, that was my ultimate goal but I knew it couldn’t be the end goal. So I created goals for throughout my reign like become Ambassador of the year, travel to as many states as I could and many others. It’s important to continue creating new goals after you have achieved others. It helps to keep you focused and encourage new growth in your life.

Whatever your goals may be, go after them fearlessly. As long as you follow your purpose and your passion those stepping stones will be laid out in front of you and there will be a path. You may not know where that path leads and what journey you will be taken on but when you have your ultimate goal in mind, you will end up where you need to be.

Always remember to follow your purpose, reach for your dreams and enjoy to marvelous journey!


Have courage and always be kind.

Ava Hill
Miss International 2019

Comments

Popular Posts