The Truth We Find in Simplicity.


In my one of my last blogs, I talked about the importance of slowing down and being intentional with every single moment we are given. Sometimes, that is truly difficult, and what I have begun to find in my own life is that simplicity seems to be further and further away.

In all honesty, I am guilty. I always want the most elaborate and I strive to always push myself to the next level in every area of my life, whether it’s internally or externally. Rest rarely becomes an option. There are times when that is necessary, but as I have begun to reflect, I have found that the most beautiful “things” and moments are in the slow and simple times. I constantly love to go and do, and if I am not, I am searching and planning for the next thing, event, activity, etc. Although, in this season, I have tried my best to slow down, take deep breaths, and center myself in those “simple” moments. It has been in these times where I have found the most truth about life. The things that matter are small, so minute. They are so small, yet so much is wound up in them. They are so simple, yet have a massive message. We have been given much and so many people to love; that is what truly matters.

Life will always be busy, and there will always be another dream to chase. What matters are the memories and people you have beside you in the highs and lows. Those people are the ones who teach us the most about ourselves and these moments reveal what we value most. That’s where the truth lies. That is where beautiful simplicity is found. 

Madeline Grace Wright 
Miss Teen International 2019

Comments

Popular Posts