Updating my CPR/First Aid Certification

As a certified fitness instructor, I am responsible for maintaining my CPR and First Aid certification.  I am proud to share I’ve maintained my CPR and First Aid certification since age 15, when I needed it to be a lifeguard at our community pool.  Every time I take the re-certification course, I am proud to know others can rely on me to help them whether I’m on a plane, at the race track or in my own home.


One of the many resources the American Heart Association has available through www.heart.org is a locator to find a certification class near you.  The ECC Class Connector is quick and efficient at finding a certification course to fit your needs whether you need it for your job or just to be an educated citizen.  Go to “Find a CPR Class” then scroll to “ECC Class Connector.” 


I also encourage you to be on the lookout for “hands only CPR” courses offered through local retailers.  The NASCAR Speedpark is one of the local retailers (NC, SC, TN, MO and Toronto) who provides frequent classes.  If physically attending a class isn’t feasible, I invite you to view the eLearning courses available at www.heart.org or you can order the Family & Friends® CPR Anytime® kit to be delivered to your home.


Whatever route you choose, remember knowledge is key to helping save lives.  The American Heart Association is always working to provide you with the tools that could save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  And, if you attend my indoor group cycle class, rest assured I am certified.

Janet Bolin

Comments

Popular Posts