WDBJ Interview

My week was kicked off with a trip to the beautiful Roanoke, Virginia! Miss Teen Virginia International pageant director, Tiffany Porter, and I appeared on WDBJ News Channel 7 with anchor Kimberly McBroom! WDBJ is broadcasted from Roanoke to Lynchburg and almost all of Southwest Virginia.



The friendly staff at the station made Tiffany and I feel so welcome and grateful to be a part of the show!


I even got to play the role of cameraman! Well..sorta!


Anchor Kimberly McBroom interviewed me LIVE about my work with my organization, Jurnee’s Journey, and how I became Miss Teen International! Tiffany gave information about the upcoming Miss Teen Virginia International pageant, which will be held in Bristol, VA on December 3rd and 4th, 2011. (Learn more at www.missteenvirginiainternational.webs.com.)


The news station was so nice and made us feel at home. It was an honor to speak about how I got started and what I do with my platform. I loved sharing my experience and hopefully inspired others to rally with me and make a difference in something they’re passionate about!


I also stopped by the International Pageants headquarters located right in the heart of Roanoke!

Jurnee Carr

Comments

Popular Posts