Minnesota Institute of Art Gala- Summer After Party

Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Minnesota Institute of Arts Gala After Party. A time for professionals to mingle, network, and enjoy great music.

Joined by my Minnesota International sister, Charity Bess, we worked the crowd meeting many interesting artist, art supporters, and MIA donors.


The highlight of the evening was getting to see two well-known Minnesota bands, Doom Tree and Morris Day.  Charity, being a few years older than I, was really excited about seeing Morris Day.  Even though I wasn’t very familiar with Morris Day before their performance, I am definitely a big fan now! Every one of the guests was grooving to their funky beat. 

It was such a fun evening and I was so proud to support a wonderful place like the MIA. The MIA has hosted numerous gallery shows and fundraisers for Free Arts Minnesota, my favorite! So, it was my pleasure to be able to give back to this Institute. 

“Inspiring wonder through the power of art.”

Krista Wanous
Miss International 2012 

Comments

Popular Posts