The Wonderful World of Disney

Wondering why you haven’t heard from me in a while? I have been unleashing my “inner kid” at the happiest place on Earth, also known as Disney World! Every year, my family takes a trip to Orlando, Florida for the 14 and under travel baseball team National Championship at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports. Not only do we get to visit attractions at one of the largest baseball stadiums in Florida, interact with former major league baseball players, and meet legendary coaches, but we are also able to visit our favorite vacation spot!

This year, we visited a few places we have not been to in several years. On our first day, we learned about the magic of making movies at Universal Studios. A few of our favorite attractions were Shrek 4D, complete with moving seats! We also got to experience what it would be like to be outside during a category 5 tornado in the “Twister” attraction.



My absolute favorite attraction was the Men in Black roller coaster. The indoor roller coaster featured lots of twists and turns…all in complete darkness! We got to meet Frank the pug, the talking dog featured in the movies, and watch him interact with his trainers while learning new tricks!

We also spent a day at Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios’ high-thrill theme parks! Each area of the park is designed after a specific movie, including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Dr. Seuss’s “Seussland”. I have always loved Dr. Seuss, so naturally, the colorful world of Dr. Seuss was definitely one of my favorite places to see!

I may be a college student now, but I will never be too old for One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish!

Poseidon’s Fury felt like we were really walking through the ruins of Greece!

We always make a trip to the Lego store at Downtown Disney. My brothers always like to make lego racecars and race them with other Lego fans. 


On our last night at Disney, we visited Chef Mickeys at Disney’s Contemporary hotel. During our Disney themed dinner, all of our favorite characters visited our table for a meet and greet. I always look forward to seeing Minnie Mouse, my all-time favorite Disney character. If you ever have the chance to visit Disney World, make sure to schedule a character dinner!

Visiting Disney World is always the perfect way to spend time with my family while having the time of our lives!

Caroline Crowley

Comments

Popular Posts