2013 in Review

2013 has by far been the craziest year of my life. When I think back to how my life was a year ago I’m speechless. So much has changed. Needless to say this has been a very eventful year!

The first three months of the year were spent simply preparing for the Miss Teen Arkansas International Pageant. I dedicated all of my free time into this pageant and it paid off!

Come spring break (the week before the pageant) I spent every waking moment preparing for the competition. Then on March 25, after a long weekend of competition, I was crowned Miss Teen Arkansas International 2013. This was where my life truly began to change.



New doors were opened for me and I was able to begin work with my platform like never before. I even interned over the summer at the American Heart Association. For this organization, the spring is when all of its events clumped together and I found myself bouncing around every weekend.

Then in the summer, as you all know, I was crowned Miss Teen International 2013!


Throughout 2013 I was blessed in so many ways. Things happened to me that most people can only dream about.

I was honored to lead the 2013 Special Olympics Opening Ceremony.


I was named a Senior Homecoming maid and later named Miss PHS.


I had the opportunity to throw the first pitch at two Arkansas Travelers baseball games.


I even met with former President Bill Clinton at an event for the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.


2013 was a year that completely changed my life. It will forever be one that stays close to my heart and one that I frequently look back on and smile. And as much as I don’t want to, I have to say goodbye to this wonderful year.

Happy New Year,

Haley Rose Pontius

Comments

Popular Posts