Back to School

As I pulled in to a visitor lot at El Capitan High School, and scanned the crowd of students, a few deep breaths later I was getting out of my car and heading to….class. It was almost like one of those dreams where you are back in High School and forgot to study for a test. 1999 was the last time I attended a class at El Capitan High School, but this time it was not in the role of a student. 

As my crown sparkled in the early morning sun walking to the main office, students offered many warm greetings. I headed down to room 704, Mrs. Martinez’s science class. My one time AVID teacher (Advancement Via Individual Determination), she is now the school’s Athletic Director, full time science teacher, and everything else extraordinaire.

This was one of many classes we were able to speak with during the day about our platforms, life, International Pageants and never giving up.

The two weeks leading up to El Capitan Held a Shoe Drive for Soles4Souls lead by Sandra Martinez. They made it a competition and ended up collecting over 1,200 pairs!!! That is amazing and will have such an impact on many lives! We were able to do a shoe game over lunch with the students and they even piled up some of the shoes they collected. After lunch we delivered prizes to the winning classes and finished the day speaking to a few more classrooms.


Mrs. Martinez was such a driving force in putting the shoe collection over the 1,000 pair mark. She continues to inspire me!

Live What you Love,

Maggi
Your Mrs. International 2014

#GiveShoesGiveLove

Comments

Popular Posts